Welcome to San Francisco!
If you're looking for adventure in the greatest city ever built but don't know where to start, then look no further! We have created a window into San Francisco's best charms and delights. Created by locals, for tourists, and locals too! San Francisco is know for it's rich culture and history, a diverse city with a lot of character, S.F has been known to have much to offer to it's visitors. You can start by checking out our favorite restaurants in our Food section, or maybe you don't want to miss on the top 10 things to do in S.F, check out the Top 10 page. You can't go wrong.
Thanks For Visiting S.F!
But before you go, here are 10 fun facts about San Francisco you probably didn't know:
1. The Chinese fortune cookie was invented by a Japanese resident of San Francisco.
2. The bear on California's state flag is modeled after a California grizzly named Monarch, who was held at Golden Gate Park.
3. San Francisco was part of Mexico until the Mexican-American War in 1848.
4. Bruce Lee first taught Martial Arts in San Francisco, it has since been a very popular city for martial arts.
5. During the Depression, not a single San Francisco-based bank failed.
6. Business was so good, the city constructed the Oakland Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge during the Depression.
7. When Al Capone was held at Alcatraz, he gave regular Sunday concerts with the inmate band, the Rock Islanders. He played the banjo.
8. In 1901, the city outlawed burials. Most of its cemeteries are in Colma, Calif. There, the dead outnumber the living by over 1000 to 1.
9. The "Summer of Love" actually started in the winter. The January 1967 Human Be-In at Golden Gate Park kicked it off.
10. The first bubonic plague epidemic in the continental US broke out in SF's Chinatown in 1900.
img sources: content.time.com, cityminded.org, irrincos @ hdwallpapers.com,wallpaperhud.com